I’m always thinking of oddball things I could “use.” It’s time I put together a concrete list of things I want, but could live without.
- A good moisturizer or whatever a 30-something-year-old woman needs to put on her face. If it combats wrinkles and will shrink pores, all the better.
- A good pair of walking shoes. Don’t say Rockport. I am 34.
- What color drapes go with brown furniture and yellow walls? I’ve been trying to figure this out for three years. No clue.
- Can you get rid of fat/flab while pregnant? This is very important, my bottom is out of control. I planned on tackling the old physique in the new year BUT…yeah. So can I get rid of the jiggle without hurting anything?
- A jewelry box. I gots a lots o’ bracelets. Mainly because Dave makes them, not because I’m a jewelry person.
- A HUMONGOUS nursing bra that doesn’t cost $100.00 – it is impossible to find.
- One of those constrictor devices to use after the birth to get my stomach back to normal. I can just hear it now “Naw Ms. Donna, you done had a baby, you ain’t never gonna be no 18 and a half inches again.” (In my version of Gone With the Wind, Mammy is referencing my ankle circumference, obviously).
- Something to keep me from wanting to vomit 24/7!
- Dark brown paint for the guest room walls.
- New carpet for the family room. I hate that berber madness. I am almost crazy enough to take a pair of scissors and cut every.single.loop of that hot mess and make it look like pile carpet.
- An ipad skin because I will drop the thing.
- A tempurpedic mattress.
Also, some random thoughts:
Do people still use those “hug the toilet” bath mats? Considering the sprinkling that goes on in a house full of boys, I can see it’s appeal. Sort of. Of course you’re unknowingly stepping in sprinkles, but ignorance is bliss, right? I don’t have a problem with it as long as I don’t know I’m doing it.
Why does NC make you leave your curtain hardware behind when you sell the house? Word to the wise: before you list your house and take pictures, switch out any good hardware with cheap stuff.
I am reading “Decision Points” by GWB. I like it, he comes across as down to earth and pragmatic. Also, I do not get the appeal of Huckabee. He’s doing better in the polls, I cannot tell you why.
I am so hungry, yet nothing sounds good except Moo Goo Gai Pan and Dave won’t fetch me any. I should ask earlier, I guess.
I will post Christmas pictures and asides at some point. Hopefully by Valentine’s day.
I like how Henry still mispronounces “shovel” as “shubble.” I don’t correct him, hee. He also says “free” instead of “three” but we’ve started working on that.
Also, if you read this and didn’t know (which is rather improbable since I think I personally know everyone who reads this blog) I am pregnant and due at the beginning of August. Whee!